• Complete all-in-one package — ready to use, straight out of the box!
• Record, edit and mix music in any popular style
• More than 5,000 loops from world-class producers included, covering popular styles like hip hop and R'n'B (more than 1,000), dance and electro (more than 1,000), pop (more than 500), metal, world music and many more
• More than 600 ready-to-play instrument sounds including more than 60 drum kits for various styles
• Unique live performance mode for remixing/recombining songs on the fly
• Seamless combination of linear and pattern based arranging
• Audio and instrument parts follow tempo and key in real time
• Built-in studio-quality audio effects, including EQ and Dynamics in every channel
• More than 50 Audio Track Presets for various instrument types, as well as vocals
• Cross-platform: Windows and Mac OS X Universal Binary
New in Sequel 2
• Plug right into Sequel 2 with almost any hardware controller or keyboard, with easy setup thanks to the new Controller Learn feature
• Live control of your performances using a MIDI keyboard or external hardware controller
• Play melodies and chords without MIDI keyboard using the PC keyboard or mouse
• Find tracks in your projects faster with Track Icons to label your tracks visually
• Track Freeze for more CPU power — more tracks, more Sequel!
• Find your files faster with improved MediaBay handling and overview
• Even more creativity with audio in the new Sample Editor with Free Warp and Audio Reverse
• Set your project tempo by tapping it on a PC or MIDI keyboard
• Low latency on Windows Vista even with no ASIO sound device thanks to Windows Vista Core Audio (Vista only)
• Sequel Content Sets available separately with thousands of additional loops for your favorite music style (optional, exclusively available from our Steinberg Online Shop)
With the new Controller Mode you can control nearly all Sequel 2 functions with an external keyboard or hardware controller. So you can adjust the track volume with an external controller or you can mute a track with your keyboard. With the MIDI Learn function the allocation of the parameters is so easy: just click a parameter in Sequel 2 and move the desired knob, slider, key or button on your hardware. Now you can control the function with your external hardware.
Live performance without clicking a mouse
The new Controller Mode in Sequel 2 gives you so many options for live performance. You can trigger live pads or edit volume/tune and effects with your hardware controller to create a song on stage – including arranging and mixing – without even using the mouse!
If you don’t have a MIDI keyboard, you can still play melodies in Sequel 2. With the new Virtual Keyboard you just play the notes with your computer keyboard, ideal for composition on the move on your laptop.
Sequel 2 lets you allocate a Track Icon to each track. That helps you to find a track much faster within the Arrange Zone or the Editor. Sequel 2 comes with Icons for many of the most commonly used instruments. You can also change the size, and even tint or rotate the Track Icons. Or use your own pictures – with drag and drop!
With the Track Freeze function you save CPU power for more tracks and effects! MIDI instruments and effects can use a lot of CPU power, especially on older computer. If you’re finding that the limits of your computer’s CPU has been reached, just click the “Freeze” button to freeze one or several tracks. If you want to change anything about a frozen track, just click the button to unfreeze the track and edit away.
Free warp and audio reverse
Normally Sequel adjusts loops automatically to the tempo of the project. But for some audio material, you might find you have to make some manual adjustments for the tempo.
With the new Free Warp mode you can warp any part of an audio loop. Just set the warp anchor and move it to the desired time position. This function is also great for creative editing of loops. The Audio Reverse function is also a new feature of Sequel 2, and lets you play audio backwards – a cool effect for breaks!
With the new Tap Tempo function it is so easy to assign the tempo of each audio file or to fix the tempo of the song. Just activate the Learn Mode and click the beat with any key. Sequel 2 calculates and shows the tempo.
The MediaBay in Sequel 2 shows how many loops are included within a (sub-)category. Categories with no hits are greyed out. This saves unnecessary clicks and helps you to find out the right loop or sound much faster.
Vista Core Audio Support
With Windows Vista Sequel 2 runs at very low latencies even without external ASIO hardware using the Vista Core Audio driver.
Sequel Content Sets
Sequel Content Sets are now available for Sequel 2! Now you can expand your Sequel sound library with hundreds of additional loops in different music styles, with loads of more loops in your favourite style!
SKU STE 150
Shipping Weight (kg's) 1.0000
Warranty 1 Year
Price R 1,595.00
Add Your Tags:
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.