Cubase 6 adds 19 audio effects to further expand the mixing arsenal:
* GEQ30 is a graphic equalizer with 30 bands, featuring drawing of EQ curves, an invert parameter, and seven different response types.
* Tonic is a versatile and powerful analog modeling filter designed to be a creative tool to add color and punch to any track.
* VintageCompressor is modeled after one of the most famous vintage compressors. Easy to use but very effective.
* MultibandCompressor features four independent bands with three crossover frequencies. Each band has its own independent compressor (with Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release und Makeup Gain). It features independent Solo and Bypass per band, and auto mode for automatic attack/release control. Each compressor band has an independent automatic make-up gain.
* DeEsser is a special type of compressor for gently reducing excessive sibilance in vocal recordings.
* Expander reduces volume of signals below a defined threshold. It features auto-release and “live” mode for low-latency use.
* SoftClipper offers independent 2nd and 3rd harmonics controls for adding warmth.
* Roomworks is a highly adjustable algorithmic reverb plug-in for creating realistic room ambience and reverb effects in stereo and surround formats with adjustable CPU usage.
* REVerence is the world’s first VST 3 high-end multi-channel convolution reverb processor, being capable of emulating speakers, analog gear and any natural room or hall imaginable — in stereo or surround with over 70 responses included.
* StudioChorus features a powerful dual-stage chorus, with separate filter stages and a spatial parameter for creating modulation offsets between channels and also in surround configurations.
* Cloner simulates the effect of double-tracking by creating up to four “cloned” signals from the original input source. Cloned signals have variable delay, detune and panning. Very useful — not only for creating thick backing vocal performances from single tracks.
* ModMachine is a powerful multi-stage delay/modulation effect, combining a wide-range delay with LFO controlled delay time, as well as a resonant filter with dual LFOs for frequency and resonance modulation.
* Multiscope can be used for viewing the waveform, phase linearity or frequency content of a signal.
* SMPTE Generator sends out SMPTE time code to an audio output in order to synchronize other equipment to Cubase.
* Test Generator generates an audio test signal for measurements and testing purposes, including sine, saw and various types of noise.
* Surround Panner is used for positioning the sound source dynamically in the surround field.
* MixConvert allows downmixing of surround channels for monitoring purposes.
* Mix6to2 allows controlling the levels of up to six surround channels and to mix these down to a stereo output.
* Mixer Delay is the tool of choice if you need to delay certain signals in your audio system.
More instruments and sounds
Two virtual instruments are added with Cubase:
* Embracer: a simple but powerful polyphonic synthesizer designed entirely for producing pads and accompaniment sounds with full 360° surround support.
* Monologue: a monophonic analog synthesizer based on physical modeling technology. It offers full, rich and colorful sounds without consuming a lot of CPU power. The Monologue synthesizer is the perfect tool for bass, lead and sequenced sounds. Cubase 6 also includes the HALion Sonic SE Pro Sound Set, which adds almost 400 highly professional sounding instrument sounds. In total the available instrument sounds increase from 1,100 (Artist) to more than 1,900 in total (Cubase 6).