• What’s your favourite place to play in the world?
• Where’s the best place you’ve ever eaten?
Really a cool restaurant in Copenhagen.
•Have you ever been to South Africa and what did you think? / What have you heard about South Africa and when are you coming?
Yes I have and it was wonderful. The gigs Chappell (singer of ‘Your Friend’ ) and I did there will stay in my memory always.
Such warm people, smiling faces, moving hips + impressive nature.
• If yes, what’s your fave South African venue?
I forgot the names but I do remember Spring Fiesta and a smaller party in Durban that was really dope.
• What track never leaves your “box” and can work pretty much anywhere in the world?
Can’t stop playing
On your Mark
Your Friend and Please me are different: you need a ‘trained’ crowd to enjoy them. The average EDM festival kid doesn’t get that.
• How do you like to start your sets (a vibe or a track)?
Depends on the vibe I feel in the club.
• Do you play any South African music and if so what?
At home we sometimes listen to Miriam Makeba and Brenda Fassie.
Recently I heard Black Motion’s album ‘Fortune Teller’. I think that’s pretty dope.
• What do you tend to do on aeroplanes?
Work, read a book or sleep.
• What is your fave track of the moment?
Hard to say, i play so many different styles, but to name a few:
Miguel O Syrah – Rhino
Diclosure – Omen (claptone rmx)
Hardwell – Eclipse (Chocolate puma mix)
ATRAK & Jamie Lidell – All fall down (CID rmx)